Thursday 28 January 2010

water makes me happy...


yesterday was one of 'those' days. Every now and then living in Dubai can get to you. Whether it's the dangerous traffic, mannerless people, or general pressure of living in a desert that 'thinks' it's a real city. As I walked home ready to embrace my 'I hate Dubai' attitude (after been rudely told I could not take a bus that I had paid for), the lights went off, the music started, and one of the biggest water fountains in the world started to play. So I stopped, for the first time ever, walked up to the railing, and watched the show. For those that don't know, the fountain show sits in the water between Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa (the biggest mall and tower in the world). So I took a few photos, let the water cover me as the wind pushed it in my direction, and for a couple of minutes forgot about my frustrations. Okay maybe this place is not so bad after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment