Wednesday 12 May 2010

top five favs this week

top five favs this week...

one
becoming an aunt again…
My brother’s wife gave birth to a beautiful little girl called Sophia Ing Evans this week. She is sooo beautiful, makes me all gooey, that’s Aunty Gooey to you.

two
music to make your heart sing…
I cannot stop playing Mumford & Sons beautiful album…songs ‘awake my soul’ and ‘dustbowl dance’ have worn out the old repeat button. Such young lads, so soulful, so pretty.

three
strawberries mmm…
For some reason the strawberries stocked in my local supermarket are tasting amazing at the moment. It’s hard sometimes to find ‘fruit that tastes like fruit’ in this desert. These little beauties are definitely worth celebrating.

four
cooking for the people you love…
This week I got to cook for some lovely friends of mine (or as I like to call them ‘the married ones’). Good old chicken stew with olives, red wine, good music, and lots of silly banter. Lovely.

five
television is for losers…
This week I will be handing in the old satellite receiver and cancelling my television. There is something freeing about not having T.V. This will now be replaced permanently by the 22nd storey view and lots of sweet music baby…yay!

2 comments:

  1. One - TGI... T?
    I think 5:30 on a Thursday in Dubai is sometimes more exciting than the last day at school before summer.

    Two - Cheeseburgers
    They are the perfect food - nuff said.

    Three - A job well done
    I think that the personal satisfaction that comes from completing a really difficult task / project / chore / painting / mission, is one of the most rewarding things in the world. We should all spend a bit more time congratulating ourselves for the good things and less time dwelling on the bad.

    Four - Moms
    Last Sunday was mother’s day in the states and I totally missed it. The good news is I call my mom all the time to tell her I love her for no reason at all so she let me off the hook for forgetting mother’s day - how rad is that.

    Five - Deodorant
    Seriously, how much would life suck without it. It’s an unsung hero so I am going to represent for deodorant here. Word!


    Luv ya - Casey

    ReplyDelete
  2. One - My favourite thing right now is the sound of the rain kerplumping on the roof, and the swish of the car tyres on the street outside as they drive through it - while I am tucked up inside with a milo.
    Sydney in Autumn - stunning.

    Two - Our nieces and nephews! In Sydney we have five rugrats aged 3 and under, and there are three more due this year! They are delightful in so many ways, plus you get to hand them back!

    Three - Haighs chocolate frogs. They'll make this list again and again :)

    Four - The Bondi to Bronte walk when the ocean is furious and crashing crazily on the rocks. Did that walk two weeks ago. Fabulous.

    Five - Renovation show! Love 'em. They have inspired me to upholster my dining room chairs... how hard can it be??

    Much love, TTS

    ReplyDelete